Friday, March 30, 2012

page after page of .ibelieveinus.

Little baby Autumn, one day I hope you find someone to love you the way your Dad has loved me. I am sure I will give you much more dating advice than you will ever ask for or need. But I want this to set the bar for you. These are the vows your Dad gave to me on our wedding day. I hope that as you grow, you will be able to see the love between us grow too. So that you will know what partnership, and companionship look like. "Endless volumes of I commit to you," and "page after page of .ibelieveinus."

"I was a man of freewill,
Unbridled in all that I did.

But you’ve made me consider predestination and have faith in fate and faithfulness
in all its earthy commitment .(I will never leave).

There’s no philosophy to you and me,
Because love needs no introduction;
No treatise to explain its existence,
only consistency; only yeses that mean yes after we’ve lived through no’s that only meant not yet.

If God lives outside of space and time, then it would seem we have always been each others,
Always been able to trust in the surety of providence because it could have been no other way,
Unless perhaps we chose it to be;
But we didn’t, we chose each other.

I know we’re not supposed to swear, but I give you my hand through all the seasons,

And I give you my bed, so you won’t ever be cold or half of what He meant us to be.

I give you my thoughts because they are yours to search,
To read like literature,
Like endless volumes of I commit to you,
Or page after page of .ibelieveinus.

I give you my shirts because you have kept me warm when there was no comfort in logic or systems of religion;
you were so often the proof in my life of Someone greater.
Philosophers can never say there are no absolutes as long as there is you with me;
you’ve been so faithful.

I don’t have a lot, but I’ll give you my body to you to do as you please,
.I trust your touch.

I give you my scarves because no other neck smells like you and me,
And I’ll give you children if you want them,
we will raise eternal persons made in the same Image we were made in;


Ill give them all that has been given to me,
not neglecting to pass on the Grace that helped me get to you.
And when they reject it, like so many children do,
I will sit and cry with you until they come home (I will never leave).

When I was a child I took my brothers room where there was grey carpet, and I always said I would have it again;
But I will never carpet any grey floors without you to love autumn with me,
no more of my favorite grey skies will I soak in, without usbeingoneandthesame

I know we are made of dirt and that means we will pass away or be changed,
But I’m choosing to only change with you.
And changing in you, I’ll take your becoming who we are in constant admiration of what it means to be one.

I can’t sing, but I’ll write to you words and letters.
And I’ll give you all that I have that’s good in the world.
and even if I can’t hold a tune I’ll sing to you when its just us,
Wrapping you in the melody of what it is to make it through the hard times, living daily in the earthy striving toward the perfection of what one day we will be.

For now the world is torn with the unknowing of the One who came.
so here I purpose to have only One love before you,
and from you I will accept no less than the Same.

I commit to you as one in Three.

(.I will never leave.)"

We love one another.
We love you.
We will never leave
fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment