Saturday, September 15, 2012

from your lips.

Sweet Baby Autumn,

You are sleeping right now. This morning we woke up and you had your breakfast; peaches and raspberry oatmeal. We've made it to New Jersey, and are finally settling into a routine. You love the new place. You are becoming more and more mobile, crawling and standing and side stepping! You will be walking soon. You have a walker that lets you move about exploring. Our floors are hardwood so there is no place you cannot see when you want to. I love to watch you learn to trust your independence. To touch, and see, and hear all of the new things around you.


Sometimes, I cook for you. I make soft foods that you can feed yourself. I spread out scrambled eggs, or kidney beans, or pasta on your tray and you mostly love to smash it with your hands and smear it in your hair. But you laugh, and you love to eat. Except for the eggs. You don't like the eggs at all. It's the only food you've ever turned away from, wrinkling your nose and pulling what made it into your mouth out with your hands. You love the beans. And you love cheese. You also love the splat of spaghetti on the floor.


You've learned how to clap, how to wave goodbye, and how to sign that you want something to eat.


But most exciting, is that you are learning to talk! Your first word was my name. More like, "Mamamama..."

But you eventually dropped the extra mamama's and call me something that sounds like "my mama." Which I love. You can call for your Daddy. And you say "Babi" for baby. You also say "uh-oh" for everything. You fall down, you say uh-oh. You drop your bottle, you say uh-oh. You pick up a toy, you say uh-oh. You point to a dog, you say uh-oh. You get the idea.

This is letter is not going to be full of wisdom, or lessons I hope you learn. It's just a brief I love you. And am happy to share my life with you.


When you wake up, we will go to the park and you can swing on the swings.


Love,

Your Mamama.

eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment